My new gig

rogers_logoI’ve got news.

Next week will be my last at Veritas. On February 2, I’m embarking on a new adventure as senior director of social media and digital communications at Rogers Communications. I’ll be building a new team that will develop a social media strategy for the cable, wireless and media company. It’s far too early to get into specifics, but suffice to say that I’m very excited about the challenge ahead.

At the same time, I can’t help but feeling sad about leaving Veritas. This is a tremendous organization with a terrific group of public relations and social media experts. And com.motion (the social media division I helped build and launch 14 months ago) is really starting to take off, as witnessed by our recent expansion into the United States. There are a ton of cool social media campaigns in com.motion’s pipeline and I look forward to seeing them break over the next few months.

So a fond farewell to my friends at Veritas/com.motion and an enthusiastic hello to my new colleagues at Rogers.

21 Comments

1. Wow! Congratulations Keith. It’s been great working with you in your current role at Veritas com.motion. I’m sure you’ll be an asset to Rogers. Best of luck in your new roll.

2. Thanks for the well wishes Chris and Chris.

Corby – thanks for reaching out. Let’s find a time to meet early next month.

3. Keith,

I’d congratulate you, but that would look too much like I was trying to curry favour with you as a potential client… Oh, what the heck. Congratulations on the new gig. May your telephone support never fail you. 🙂

4. Ha! I expected you to continue as moderator for the panel. It will be all the more interesting especially because it should free you up to ask the hard-hitting questions.

5. Thanks for the kind words Joe, Donna, Rex, Martin, Andrew, Mark and Dave! I expect my honeymoon to be shorter than Obama’s so I’ll take the well wishes while they last. 🙂

6. Hey Keith,

Looking forward to seeing where you steer Rogers in the digital world. (Hate to call it “new” media. New-ish media?) Great to see other ex G&Mers doing so well.

Geoff

7. Congratulations. Speaking as somebody who has recently cut off all the Rogers services that I could cut off – no iPhone elsewhere otherwise the cellular contract would have gone too – I will be watching your adventures with interest.

Rogers, in my personal opinion, is a deeply flawed company. Nickel and diming appears to be an official policy.

Before I will believe that Rogers is a company worth doing business with, the company itself will need to convince me that they are working for me, not against me.

8. […] I’ve learned at least as much about PR and social media in 12 months of music blogging as I have in three years of being part of the PR echo chamber with BlogCampaigning. As both independent artists and record labels constantly pitch me to write about their music, I see the side of PR and blogger relations that many in the field might not (I also get to fill my iPod up with tons of cool new music that I would have otherwise never heard about).  I’m sure that Eden Spodek’s work at Bargainista has helped her understand the other side of the communications fence, and similarly, Keith MacArthur’s background as a journalist has surely helped him develop media-friendly stories while at Com.motion or Rogers. […]